The change of season is underway (albeit painfully slow!), which means many of you are cleaning out your closets. We're loving the great clothes you're bringing in, but once again we're getting overwhelmed. Maybe it's because there are more than 5,000 of you and only 5 of us! The appointment system has definitely helped (A LOT), but we're finding that our Drop & Donate option is where we're falling behind. Often, we're receiving large consignments, which require a lot of extra time for us to sort through. Therefore, we're amending that consignment option a little:
Please, if you're consigning items without an appointment, make sure you do not bring in more than 15 items at a time. Everything else about consigning with us will stay the same, but we do need to control the size of the batches we're taking. We've included a list below of tips to help you pick the best items for consignment.
Here's a reminder of the three ways to consign with us:
1. By Appointment: Schedule an appointment online or over the phone. Bring your bag to us during the scheduled time slot and we will look through it on the spot. We will keep up to 15 adult items and/or 25 kids' items and give the rest back to you.
2. Drop & Donate Discards: Drop off a bag of 15 items or fewer during our consigning hours. We will look through it at a later time and keep what we can (and put those items on your account) and donate the rest to local charities. We have some great relationships with area social services organizations, so you can trust that your items will find a good home.
3. Small Batch Walk-In: Come in during our consigning hours with 5 items or fewer. We will look through your items on the spot, keep what we can, and give the rest back to you.
All consignments must happen Wed - Sat 11 - 5, or Sun 1 - 4.
All consignments must be at least one month apart.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page - there are some weeks when we don't accept consignments at all, and we may update our policies in the future.
P.S. Don't forget to come shop our 1/2 Price Sale during the first week of June! We do not accept consignments during these sales.
- Choose seasonal clothing that is stylish and in great condition. Click here for a list of items we do not accept: www.dirtchicvt.com/faq.html
- Wash clothing; clean dirt or dust off of shoes and polish scuffs, if possible. Make sure there is no deodorant residue on shirts and dresses. Make sure the clothing hasn't been exposed (in storage or elsewhere) to unpleasant odors, eg. smoke, mothballs, must, etc.
- Look over items closely in a well-lit area to make sure there are no stains, missing buttons, or signs of damage.
- Check collars and underarms of tops and inside areas of bottoms for staining.
- Fold items neatly in a bag or bin to avoid wrinkles.
- Make sure it has been at least one month since your last consignment and double-check the website for any updates about consigning.